Planning ahead is better than trying to fix it later

Use That Information

Vernetta

Photo courtesy of Women Are Gamechangers

Yesterday, I watched a YouTube video by Vernetta of  WomenAreGamechangers asking if you were an information junkie.  It took me back to a time many years ago when I attended a massive amount of events/conferences gathering so much information that I went into overload and never did anything with what I gathered.

Then one day, I asked myself why haven’t I progressed with any of my goals?  It was because I wasn’t doing anything with what I knew to do.  In order for us to progress, we need to move or act on the information that was given to us already.  Otherwise, we continue to regress or stay “stuck in present time”, never moving to our future.

It is time for us to selah (think about) all the wonderful information given to us in the past either from our family members, teachers, friends, coworkers, event facilitators, etc…and begin to apply what we already know.

Granny wants you to continue moving towards your future living your greatest you and not get “stuck in present time.”

Let’s do this together!!!

Much love,

Granny

The video to Are You an Information Junkie? can be viewed here

When was the last time you acted/moved on the information given to you to push you forward to your future?  Leave comments below.

women game change

Photo courtesy of Women Are Gamechangers

Women Are Gamechangers is a Connection Catalyst business using social media as a platform to propel women into their greatest business identity.  If you are in need of assistance with using social media to catapult your business identity, connect with Vernetta.  Tell her Granny sent you.

You can visit Women Are Gamechangers at the following links:

Blog:  http://www.womenaregamechangers.com/

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/womenaregamechangers

Twitter: http://twitter.com/womengamechange

10 responses

1. Awww….thanks for writing a response to my video. I too have been overwhelmed by all the information I’ve acquired as well. That’s when it’s best to stop attending and let your mind rest. Love this post!!

March 2, 2013 at 1:01 am

• You’re quite welcome Vernetta! Earlier this year, I began going over some more information I had left to go through and use from almost 10 years ago. The information still applies today. There’s no point in having the information if we aren’t going to use it. It was money well spent. Now it’s money well used. Thanks for being a great social media friend!

I almost feel like singing the theme song to The Golden Girls (Thank you for being a friend) 🙂

March 2, 2013 at 1:14 am

2. Hello, this really touch home, over the yrs…and I have a few of them! lol, I have collected and collected, and have done much of nothing with it, sitting on it. This is an encourage. Thank you. Going to check out the video.

March 4, 2013 at 12:36 am

3. Hello there Margaret!

I had a ton of information left behind too. I finally started going through them sometime last year. Didn’t realize I still had some left over earlier this year until I started going through a pile to shred. I thought, “Wow, so much wealth in this pile”. So I took them back out of the pile, read through them and started implementing them. You never know what valuable knowledge you already have before going out looking for more sometimes.

Vernetta’s videos always inspire me. It’s time for us to use that information. LET’S DO IT!!

March 4, 2013 at 12:55 am

4. Absolutely! This is totally why I’ve pulled back from being online so much and have dedicated times of hiatus so that I can implement. Learning’s perfect compliment is action/implementation … that’s when the real learning comes into your heart and mind as an unforgettable imprint.

Thanks so much for sharing!

~Donna @GGeneSISLLC http://dmjc.me

March 26, 2013 at 1:34 pm

• You’re right Donna. I have found it necessary to do hiatus lately as well. It helps me to remain focus on the vision for my business as well as everything else in my life when I’m able to implement what I’ve learned. Implementing information really does get into your heart and mind so you can continue to grow and perform greater works.

It is such a treat to see you here and sharing your thoughts. Please feel free to stop by again.

March 26, 2013 at 4:19 pm

5. What a timely article! It was good to be reminded to slow dow and process & make something of what I have already before taking on one more piece of anything.

April 12, 2013 at 7:05 am

• Hello Theresa!

Yes, it is important for us to slow down and make something of what we already have before adding that one more thing. So often we chuck aside the most important thing looking for something else with a “quicker satisfaction”. The thing you tossed aside may be the answer you were looking for all along.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to come again.

April 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm

6. Very true sentiments here. So often we think we can find a new ‘magic’ answer instead of focusing on the tried-and-true methods we already know! Thank you for the reminder!

April 13, 2013 at 6:25 pm

• Elise, I couldn’t agree with you more.There is no ‘magic’ answer. The tried-and-true-methods have not failed us. So why would we fail them.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to come again.

April 13, 2013 at 7:05 pm