Debt Cancellation Challenge
While watching the President’s last press conference of his last term today, he spoke on something that I’m a big advocate for: PAY YOUR BILLS!!
*I am no financial expert* It is my intention that everyone live the winning life they desire. One of the strategies for doing so is by paying all debts owed. Since beginning Grad school last June, I have made it a point to pay all unnecessary debts off no later than February 2014. My progress is looking great. Having mounds of debt is no way of creating a balance in your life, your business, or relationships with others. I am challenging you to PAY YOUR BILLS with me this year. The challenge is not to pay them all off by the year-end, unless you are well able to. You have to formulate a realistic plan that fit your financial need.
Paying bills off will enable you to:
- Exhale: Being in debt is very stressful. It doesn’t create a winning environment for your personal or business journey. When you are out of debt, it creates a feeling of a big weight off of you so you can breathe comfortably.
- Enjoy every day living: It’s impossible to enjoy life looking at mounds of debt everyday.
- Save money: What’s the point of trying when you have so much going out. You feel like you have to rob Peter to pay Paul.
- Allow you to be more prepared for emergencies: This goes back to saving money. We all need an emergency fund.
Becoming a debt free being takes discipline, patience, encouragement, and planning. I recommend two books to read while on this journey:
- You Don’t Need a Budget: You Need a Plan! by Marcia A. Paige
- The Power to Prosper: 21 Days to Financial Freedom
I will randomly post tips about becoming debt free through out the year. Hopefully, there will be many of you joining me on this journey. I would love for all of us to have a debt free story.
This is the year for us to launch into the deep and do what is necessary to live a winning life. I’m coming out of debt. Who is with me?! Leave comments below.